A restaurant quality midweek meal? It is definitely do-able with this sensational salmon dish. Full of flavour it’s great for a family dinner served with crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 700 g salmon fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
How do I make it?
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pat salmon with paper towel to remove excess moisture, then season with salt and pepper. Add to pan skin-side up and cook for 4 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt butter in the pan. Add garlic, and cook for 1 minute, then add cherry tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, or until the tomatoes are starting to split. Add spinach and cook until it starts to wilt. Pour in cream, stir and then add Parmesan, basil and parsley. Bring to a simmer, then drop the heat to low and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add salmon back to the pan and cook until the salmon is heated through.
- Serve immediately.