Prawn Salad with Mixed Greens and Caramelised Pears
This fresh prawns salad features caramelised pears as the special ingredient. The gentle caramelisation of the pears adds a new dimension to the flavour profile of the dish and eliminates the need for a dressing. You can serve the pears warm in the salad or, if you prefer, allow them to cool before adding them.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 Packham pears, cored
- ½ fennel bulb
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g cooked tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 120 g mesclun salad mix
- 1 continental cucumber
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to serve
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut pears and fennel into wedges and set aside. Add olive oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper to a bowl and stir to combine. Add pears and fennel to bowl and toss gently to coat well.
- Place pears and fennel in a baking tray or ovenproof dish and bake for 20 minutes or until they are soft and starting to caramelise. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to slice cucumber into ribbons.
- Divide mesclun mix between bowls, top with cucumber ribbons, prawns, pears and fennel and garnish with lemon wedges.