You’ll love the flavours of tarragon and scallops housed in a creamy gratin sauce.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, or as needed, divided
- ¼ cup crème fraiche
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- 8 scallops
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 230C. Brush 2 small gratin dishes with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Whisk crème fraiche, white wine, lemon zest, cayenne pepper and salt together in a bowl until sauce is smooth.
- Place scallops in sauce and toss to coat; let sit until flavours begin to blend, about 5 minutes.
- Divide scallops between prepared gratin dishes and pour remaining crème fraiche sauce over the top. Top with tarragon and parmesan cheese. Drizzle remaining butter over the top.
- Bake in oven for 4 minutes, then turn oven setting to grill and continue cooking until scallops are golden brown, slightly springy and opaque (approx. 2 to 4 minutes).