Blue eye with couscous and roasted seasonal vegetables
Full of fresh flavours and quick and easy to make, this is a great addition to your weeknight menu.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4 fillets of blue eye
- 2 zucchinis, halved and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 300g couscous, cooked
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Add onion, zucchini, eggplant and capsicum to a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour over red wine vinegar. Add blue eye, sliced lemon, capers and tomatoes. Drizzle with about 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place pan back in the oven and cook for a further 10-12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Serve fish and vegetables on a bed of couscous and garnish with basil leaves.