Salted Caramel Sauce
Delicious served over ice cream or eaten straight from the jar, this is guaranteed to be a well-received gift this Christmas.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes approximately 3 cups
What do I need?
- 2 cups caster sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tsp salt
How do I make it?
- Add sugar and water to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and stir to combine.
- Cook without stirring until the sugar has turned a deep golden brown, approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream and vanilla over low heat in a small saucepan. When the sugar is ready, gradually whisk in the cream. Continue simmering until the mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the butter and salt.
- Pour into sterilised jars while still hot and seal. Keep refrigerated for up to 1 month.
- The Salted Caramel Sauce will thicken in the fridge. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop to the desired consistency.