Barbecued prawns with pickled cucumber
A perfect way to start the meal with the fresh flavours of summer
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon, plus extra wedges (optional) to serve
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ long red chilli, finely chopped
- 24 medium uncooked prawns, heads discarded, butterflied
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, half-peeled, halved lengthways and seeds scooped out with a spoon, thinly sliced
- 90 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
How do I make it?
- For pickled cucumber, combine ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and set aside to pickle (10-15 minutes).
- Heat barbecue to high. Combine olive oil, lemon rind, garlic and chilli in a bowl. Brush over flesh side of prawns and barbecue until cooked through. Serve with pickled cucumber.