Baked Ham with Plum and Pomegranate Glaze
Ham is fantastic ... but why not mix things up with a delicious plum and pomegranate glaze?
How long will it take?
1 hour 15 minutes
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 x 2-3 kg boneless ham
- 1 cup pomegrate or blackcurrant juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plum jam
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Using a sharp knife, remove rind from ham and score the surface into a diamond pattern. Place ham into a deep baking dish and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan place the juice, sugar, jam and mixed spice. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer until liquid has reduced by half.
- Remove ham from oven and pour over half the glaze. Return ham to the oven and cook for a further 40 minutes basting with glaze frequently.
- Remove ham from oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Decorate ham with pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm.