Maple Cherry Glaze
Cherries are such a quintessential part of Christmas in Tasmania, so it makes perfect sense to make a delicious ham glaze with them.
How long will it take?
Takes 35 minutes
What’s the serving size?
This will glaze a ham up to 8 kg
What do I need?
- 500 g fresh or frozen cherries, pitted
- 270 g maple syrup
- 125 g brown sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 750 mL water
How do I make it?
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until the cherries have broken down.
- Strain through a sieve, discarding the solids.
- Brush over ham and cook, basting every 15 minutes until caramelised.
- You can make this glaze ahead of time and keep refrigerated until ready to use.