Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies
The kids will love helping to make these cute cookies.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes approximately 24
What do I need?
- 2½ cups plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 170g butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Royal Icing
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp lemon juice
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter until smooth. Add sugar and mix to combine. Next add egg, vanilla and water and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. Repeat with remaining dry ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and knead to bring together.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll out to ½ centimetre thickness and cut out trees with a cookie cutter.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Allow cookies to cool before decorating with the icing.
- To make the icing, mix all icing ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth. Add food colouring when the mixture is fully combined. Decorate with your choice of decorations.