Packed with fresh seafood, this soup is tasty and delicious. Enjoy it as a starter before a special meal or ladle out a little more for a hearty meal-in-a-bowl. We chose to blitz ours before serving for a smooth texture but it is also fabulous left untouched so that you can enjoy mouthfuls of seafood and vegetables.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 410g can tomato puree
- ¾ cup white wine or chicken stock
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 400g salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 3 centimetre cubes
- 500g green prawns, peeled and deveined
How do I make it?
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion and capsicum and cook, stirring regularly until tender.
- Add carrots and garlic; cook for 3 minutes before stirring in tomato puree, tomatoes, wine and herbs.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in salmon, prawns and parsley.
- Cook, covered for 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove bay leaf and if desired, blitz with a food processor until smooth. Serve immediately.