Crackers with Beet Pesto and Shaved Parmesan
Add a pop of colour to the table with these tasty appetisers
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 ½ cups whole beetroot (roasted)
- 170g fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crackers and shaved parmesan to serve
How do I make it?
- Toast almonds on a baking tray in a 175C oven until they start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Mince garlic cloves in a food processor. Add almonds and blitz to a crumb consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and puree until you achieve your desired texture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve spread on crackers with shaved parmesan.