Spicy halloumi skewers with chilli
A combination of herbs and spices makes these halloumi skewers the perfect tasty entrée.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 500g Will Studd Aphrodite Halloumi
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sumac
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
How do I make it?
- Soak 16 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes, or use metal skewers.
- Cut halloumi into rectangular shapes and thread onto skewers.
- Mix coriander, sumac, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and half the chilli in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush spice mix over the skewers.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat, or use the barbecue. Grill skewers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until charred and the halloumi has softened.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with olive oil and a couple of grounds of black pepper. Sprinkle with remaining chilli and serve.