The flavours of summer come to the fore in these tropically themed pork kebabs. These are really easy to make, so they’re ideal for a weekend barbecue or quick mid-week meal. Feel free to add any other vegetables that you like to the kebabs; it’s a great way to get the kids eating more veggies.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
For the Kebabs
- 500 g diced pork
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into a large dice
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2 ½ centimetre pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 2 ½ centimetre pieces
- Olive oil spray for cooking
For the Marinade
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
How do I make it?
- Add all marinade ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine. Add pork to bowl and toss to coat with marinade. Cover and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes while the pork is marinating.
- Remove pork from fridge and thread alternating pieces of pork, pineapple, capsicum and onion onto skewers.
- Heat barbecue or grill pan to medium-high. Spray grill with olive oil spray and then place skewers on grill. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve with rice or a salad.