Two ingredient fruit bars
With just two ingredients, no baking, and no nuts these bars are perfect for school lunch boxes. They are also the perfect base for adding your own touch. For a little added decadence mix through a splash of orange juice, coat with 70% dark chocolate and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
How long will it take?
10 minutes preparation, 2 hours freezing time
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 3 cups pitted dates
- 3 cups rolled oats
How do I make it?
- Line a 17.5 x 27.5cm slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Place dates into a food processor and process until they have a jam-like consistency, add a splash of hot water (or orange juice) if needed.
- Add oats one cup at a time until all incorporated and the mix starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Press mixture into the tin and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into fingers or bars and wrap individual serves in baking paper. Store in an airtight container.