Back to School Burritos
If you’re looking for a lunch that will get the tick of approval from the kids, then this is it. Adapt the ingredients to suit their taste and you’ve got a lunchbox meal that they’ll love.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- 1 small chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 cups cooked rice
Optional extras - Grated cheese, sour cream, coriander
How do I make it?
- Cook rice according to packet directions and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add garlic, onion and capsicum. Sauté for 1 minute, then add chilli and chicken. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, then add beans, corn, tomatoes, cumin, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix well and cook for a further 2 minutes before removing from heat.
- Serve mixture in tortillas with shredded lettuce, rice and any other toppings you desire.