Why should chicken have all the fun? Our Cauliflower Wings recipe takes all the flavours from Buffalo Chicken Wings and delivers them onto cauliflower for a spicy and crispy treat for your tastebuds.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 cauliflower
- 80 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 190 mL milk (cow or plant-based)
- 80 g hot sauce or sriracha
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp honey
How do I make it?
- Break cauliflower into florets.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix flour, cornflour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add milk and stir well to create a smooth batter.
- Add cauliflower florets to the batter and toss to coat evenly. Shake off excess batter and place battered cauliflower onto baking tray and cook for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, vegetable oil and honey and use a pastry brush to brush the mixture over the cauliflower. Return to the oven and cook for a further 15 - 20 minutes, until dark golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt, sour cream or your favourite dipping sauce.