Apple Cider Roasted Butternut Pumpkin
It may be super-simple to make, but this butternut pumpkin doesn’t skimp on flavour.
How long will it take?
Takes 45 minutes
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 medium sized butternut pumpkins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup apple cider, warmed
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice
- 1 ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp melted butter
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 210C.
- Cut pumpkin into long wedge-shaped pieces, removing any seeds. Place pieces in a baking tray, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile make glaze by combining cider, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and butter together in a bowl.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and pour glaze over. Sprinkle pumpkin with thyme and return to the oven to cook for a further 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.