Light and fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside and with a great flavour.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 3 large kennebec potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and roast until they are fork tender.
- Cool them rapidly by plunging them in ice water. Change the water and repeat until the potatoes are cool.
- Grate the potatoes on the large holes of a grater.
- Place the other ingredients into the bowl with the grated potatoes and use a fork to fully combine everything.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and rub it with a layer of olive oil.
- Using about a teaspoon of the potato mixture, form it into a cylinder about 2.5cm long. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all the potato gems are made.
- Bake about 35 to 40 minutes, turning once about 20 minutes into the cooking time. Serve hot.