Bruschetta with Goats Cheese and Roasted Radish and Watercress Salad
Light and summery, this is a fabulous way to start any meal.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 600 g radishes, ideally mixed colours but red are fine
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 sprigs thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g soft goats cheese
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 20 g watercress
- 15 g toasted pine nuts
- 1 tbsp. honey
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Trim radishes and place on a roasting tray and drizzle with rapeseed oil. Sprinkle over thyme and season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and set aside to cool
- Blend goat cheese with lemon juice and salt and pepper in a blender until creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place bread on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Toast until golden, turning half-way through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Toss cooled radishes with watercress.
- To serve, spread toast with whipped goats cheese and then top with watercress and radish salad. Scatter with pine nuts and drizzle with honey.