Spinach, Blue Cheese and Walnut Puffs
The perfect flavour combination … you won’t be able to stop at one!
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes 4 to 6
What do I need?
- 6 cup muffin tin
- 300g frozen spinach, thawed
- ½ cup crumbled King Island Discovery Ash Blue
- ¼ cup onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 30cm x 30cm sheet of puff pastry, thawed and chilled
- Handful of walnut halves
How do I make it?
- Squeeze as much water out of the spinach as possible.
- Mix spinach, cheese, onion, olive oil, dill and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat one egg to blend and then fold into the spinach mix.
- Cut the pastry into three equal strips. Put one strip aside for later. Cut the remaining strips into three squares for a total of six squares.
- Place one square in each muffin cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides and leaving the corners pointing up.
- Divide the spinach filling among the cups. Fold the pastry over the filling, pressing the corners together to meet in the centre and then place a half walnut over the join in the pastry.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush the egg wash over the pastry.
- Bake until the pastry is golden brown and puffed, approximately 25 minutes.
- Let the puffs cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to serve.