Prosciutto, peach and lettuce salad
This salad is ideal for lunch or as a light main-course. The sweetness of the peaches is intensified by grilling and this is counter-balanced by the salty tang of the prosciutto. Serve with a glass of your favourite Tasmanian wine and some crusty bread.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 iceberg or cos lettuce
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 6 yellow peaches, halved with stone removed
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for grilling
How do I make it?
- Make salad dressing by combining olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisking well. Stir in chopped mint and set aside.
- Brush the cut side of the peach halves with a little olive oil and place in a grill pan or on the barbecue on a medium-high heat. Grill for 2-3 minutes or until there are char marks on the peach flesh.
- Wash lettuce and drain well. Roughly tear the lettuce and arrange on a serving platter.
- Cut or tear prosciutto slices into thirds and lay over the lettuce.
- Add grilled peaches and drizzle over the dressing immediately before serving.