Cucumber Finger Sandwiches
These sandwiches are just the thing for an elegant afternoon tea or luncheon
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes 12 finger sandwiches
What do I need?
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How do I make it?
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with a thin layer of butter.
- Arrange a single layer of cucumber slices on 4 of the bread slices.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, chives, mustard and some salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of the mayonnaise mixture over the cucumbers.
- Top with the remaining slices of buttered bread.
- Cut off the crusts and cut each sandwich into three fingers.