Cherry and feta salad
Cherries add a vibrancy of colour and a hit of sweetness to this flavoursome salad
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
For the Vinaigrette
- 3 small shallots, minced
- 4 ½ tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 4 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped to make 3 tsp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 300g rocket, rinsed and dried well
- 2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cherries, rinsed, pitted and halved
- 300g feta, crumbled
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped (optional)
How do I make it?
- To make the Vinaigrette
- Mix the shallots and balsamic in a bowl.
- Whisk in the oil, then the water. Add the mint; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To make the Salad
- Combine the rocket, cherries, and fennel in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing.
- Divide between plates and scatter each salad with feta and almonds, if using.