Forget the shrimp – throw a banana on the barbie!
How long will it take?
5 minutes prep, 20 minutes cooking
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4 bananas left in the skins and cut lengthways down one side to make a pocket
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon of butter per banana
- ¼ cup salted peanuts, crushed
- vanilla ice cream to serve
How do I make it?
- Mix the brown sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and then divide amongst the bananas, stuffing into the centre of each.
- Place ½ a teaspoon of butter on to the top of each banana and put each onto a piece of foil before adding to the grill plate.
- Leave to cook for around 20 minutes. The skins will start to go black.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and crushed peanuts.