Oat Biscuit & Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Sandwiches
Delicious Valhalla ice cream nestled between homemade oat biscuits – sound irresistible!
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes 35 biscuits
What do I need?
- 180g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 150g (1 cup) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 150g (⅔ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 60g (¾ cup) desiccated coconut
- 115g (⅓ cup) golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of (baking) soda
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Island Berries Salted Caramel Sauce
- Valhalla Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until melted.
- Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter mixture. Pour into the oat mixture and mix well to combine.
- Place tablespoons of the mixture onto baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten to 7cm rounds, allowing room to spread.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until deep golden. Allow to cool on baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 35.
- When assembling for the dessert. Place a biscuit on the plate, place a scoop of Valhalla Vanilla Bean ice cream on top of the biscuit. Then place other biscuit on top.
- To finish off the dessert, drizzle with Island Berries Salted Caramel Sauce.