Just like the family-favourite ice-cream, these cookies feature chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavours in one yummy cookie. As well as tasting great, they look amazing, so they’re great for gifting or for those bring-a-plate occasions.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes approximately 15 cookies
What do I need?
- 225 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 400 g caster sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 365 g plain flour
- ¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ tsp table salt
- ½ cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 drops red food colouring, optional
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and 350g sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla, and beat until combined. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the mixture and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Divide dough into three equal portions. Set two aside and return one to the mixer.
- Add strawberries to a food processor and blitz to a fine powder, then sprinkle powder over dough in the mixer. Add food colouring, if using, and mix on low speed until well combined. Remove from mixer and set aside.
- Clean mixer bowl and add another portion of dough and the cocoa powder to the bowl. Mix on low until well combined.
- To make cookies, take a small portion of each of the three doughs and press together, approx. 40 grams. Gently roll into a ball so it sticks together, while still keeping the individual colours. Roll the ball in ther reserved caster sugar and place on a baking tray. Repeat with all the mix, keeping a 5cm gap between each ball on the tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes until firm on the outside and a little soft in the centre.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.