Summer Greens Salad with Peas, Asparagus and Radish
Crisp seasonal veggies tossed in a fragrant vinaigrette.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 ½ bunches asparagus, woody ends removed, cut in half
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 2 radishes, finely sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 continental cucumber, chopped into large pieces
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How do I make it?
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with cold water and ice.
- Add asparagus and peas to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they start to become tender. Drain and put in the ice bath until completely cooled. When cooled drain and remove excess water with paper towel.
- Add baby spinach, radish slices, cucumber, peas and asparagus to a salad bowl.
- Make vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a blender and blitzing until combined.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and serve.
- You can use frozen peas if fresh are unavailable. Cook them for the same time as the fresh peas.
- The vinaigrette can be made in advance and stored in the fridge. It will keep for 4 days. Shake well before serving.