Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Muffins
Avoid the morning breakfast rush by making these light and fluffy muffins ready to grab and go. Filled with bacon, cheese and a whole egg, they’re the perfect way to kick-start your day.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 150 g Wursthaus bacon, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 165 mL milk
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 eggs, divided
- 2 tbsp melted butter
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease 4 holes of a Texas muffin tin with butter.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat, add bacon and cook until lightly browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a separate smaller bowl mix milk, vinegar, salt, sour cream, vegetable oil and 1 egg.
- Pour smaller bowl ingredients into the larger bowl and stir until just combined (note – do not overmix as this will make the muffins tough).
- Add spring onion, bacon and cheese and stir to just combine.
- Place ¼ cup batter into each of the muffin tin holes. Make a well in the batter with a spoon and then crack an egg into each.
- Spoon remaining batter on top of the eggs and then brush the tops of the muffins with melted butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.