Easy homemade granola
A deliciously crunchy and super-simple granola. You can adapt the recipe to include nuts and dried fruit if you like by replacing one cup of the oats with one cup of nuts or fruit. Serve with milk or yoghurt for breakfast and add your favourite fresh fruit on top. You can also enjoy or by the handful as a snack and it makes a great addition to school lunchboxes.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes 10 half cup serves
What do I need?
- 5 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put oats in a large bowl.
- Microwave maple syrup and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted. Add cinnamon and stir well to combine.
- Pour the liquid over the oats and stir to ensure all the oats are coated.
- Place the granola on the baking tray and spread to make an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven, stir and spread out evenly on the tray again. Return to oven for another 10 to 15 minutes, cooking until the granola is lightly golden.
- Cool on baking tray and then store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.