Sourdough with Capsicum Jam, Saint Angel and Pine Nuts
This is no ordinary cheese on toast! Creamy Saint Angel cheese is perfectly offset with a spicy homemade capsicum jam on crusty sourdough.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 4 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or hot sauce
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 120g Saint Angel cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 60g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
How do I make it?
- Blitz capsicum in a food processor until smooth. Put capsicum mix in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of salt. Cover with Multix Greener Cling Film and set aside for a minimum of 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Drain off half the liquid that has separated from the capsicum and then add the remaining mixture to a saucepan with red wine vinegar, brown sugar and Sriracha. Bring the mix to boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce to a medium-low heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until it thickens to a jam-like consistency. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oven to 220C. Butter each slice of bread and place bread on a lined baking tray. Bake for 4 minutes and then remove from oven.
- Cover each slice of bread with a layer of the capsicum jam and then layer Saint Angel pieces on top of jam. Sprinkle with basil and pine nuts and drizzle with olive oil. Season with pepper to taste and serve immediately.