Eggplant bruschetta with sweet sauce and mozzarella
Crusty garlic-rubbed bread, topped with creamy buffalo mozzarella and eggplant bathed in a sweet chilli sauce, make this bruschetta an incredibly tasty entrée or lunch option.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 large eggplants, stems removed and cut into slices
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 30ml soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced plus 1 clove, whole and peeled
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 125g buffalo mozzarella
- 1 loaf crusty style bread, sliced thickly
- Flat leaf parsley to serve
- Sesame seeds to serve
How do I make it?
- Combine sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, 2 cloves of minced garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Preheat barbecue or grill pan.
- Grill bread, either on the barbecue or in a grill pan. While the bread is still warm, rub it with the peeled garlic clove. Set bread aside. Wipe out pan.
- Add olive oil to a bowl and add eggplant slices tossing quickly to coat.
- Over a medium heat add the eggplant slices to the grill. Cook until the slices are very soft, turning every couple of minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Remove slices and place in bowl with sweet chilli sauce mix and toss to coat.
- To serve, smear some mozzarella on bread, add the eggplant and then more mozzarella. Garnish with parsley and sesame seeds and serve immediately.