Potato Rosti with Huon Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraiche
Potato rosti are always a hit as a canape when entertaining, but you can also treat the family by making a larger version for everyone to share.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 large or 4 medium Dutch Cream potatoes
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp Crème Fraiche to serve
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped to serve plus extra dill for garnish
- Huon Classic Smoked Salmon, to serve
How do I make it?
- Peel and grate potatoes.
- Place grated potato in a colander and squeeze well to remove excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, flour, butter and potato and season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add heaped tablespoons of mixture, and flatten slightly with a spoon.
- Cook for 2 minutes per side, or until crispy and golden.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Chop dill and mix with crème fraiche
- Top each rosti with crème fraiche and dill mixture and a slice of Huon Classic Smoked Salmon. Season with pepper and garnish with dill if desired.