If you can resist eating this super-delicious Banana Bread as soon as it comes out of the oven, you’ll find that it tastes amazing sliced, toasted and spread with butter for breakfast.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 banana, halved
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line and grease the base of a loaf tin.
- Combine mashed bananas and golden syrup in a bowl and then add caster sugar and mix well.
- Add egg, sifted flour and salt and mix until just combined.
- Pour mix into loaf tin and put in oven to cook.
- After 10 minutes remove from the oven and gently press the halved banana into the top of the loaf.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.