Berry and Yoghurt Smoothie Bowl
Great for breakfast or even dessert, this smoothie bowl can be adapted to suit your taste. Use frozen pineapple or mango instead of strawberries and top with toasted coconut for a tropical twist.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup natural yoghurt (try Tamar Valley Natural No Fat Yoghurt) plus 1 tablespoon for serving
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup muesli (try Valley Health fruit muesli from our Wholefoods department)
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
How do I make it?
- Using an electric blender, blend the strawberries, yoghurt, milk, 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup and the vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with muesli, sliced strawberries, blueberries, almonds, pumpkin and chia seeds.
- Drizzle with maple syrup or honey and 1 tablespoon yoghurt and eat immediately.