Rhubarb Crumpets with Almond Crumb
These vibrant crumpets are just the thing for Mother’s Day breakfast in bed.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 200g rhubarb, trimmed
- Juice and zest of half an orange
- 30g honey
- 4 crumpets
- 80g Greek yoghurt
- 25g plain flour
- 25g brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 25g butter, chilled and diced
- 25g almonds, roughly chopped
- 25g oats
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Add butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add chopped almonds and oats and mix to combine. Spread on a lined baking tray. Set aside.
- Cut rhubarb into 5 centimetre pieces and place in a roasting pan. Combine orange juice and zest and honey and pour over rhubarb. Cover with foil.
- Put both the crumb and the rhubarb trays in the oven for 10-15 minutes. The rhubarb should be soft but still holding its shape.
- To serve, toast crumpets and place 2 on each plate. Put some rhubarb on the crumpets, add yoghurt and sprinkle with the almond crumb. Drizzle with the syrup from the rhubarb pan.