Mini cheese and veggie muffins
Get your bake-on and make a batch or two of these muffins. They will keep frozen in an airtight container for up to three months so they are ideal to have on hand for a fresh and tasty lunch. As an added bonus they are the perfect way to add some extra vegetables into your diet.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes 24 mini muffins
What do I need?
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3 cups vegetables – choose your favourites (grated carrot, zucchini, onion, corn, spinach, herbs are some ideas).
- 1 1/3 cups grated tasty cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 60g melted butter
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven 180°C and grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in grated vegetables and cheese. Mix well.
- Whisk milk and eggs together and add cooled melted butter. Pour into the flour mixture and stir gently until just incorporated.
- Divide evenly amongst muffin pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. A skewer inserted into the middle should come out clean.
- Cool in the tin before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.