Creamy Tagliatelle with Mushrooms and Baby Spinach
This vegetarian pasta dish gets its rich creaminess from Greek yoghurt. We’ve kept ours simple but you can add extra vegetables or herbs to suit your taste or even chicken, salmon or bacon. It’s the ideal hearty Sunday night dish, and if you increase the quantities you’ll have a delicious lunch for Monday.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 350 g dried or 450 g fresh tagliatelle
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 400 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 125g baby spinach
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
How do I make it?
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. When cooked, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place a large frying pan over medium heat and add olive oil, onion and garlic and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the onion is golden and softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until they are soft.
- Add spinach to pan and cover with a lid so that the spinach wilts. When spinach has wilted, stir through and add pasta, lemon juice and yoghurt and stir to combine. Season to taste and serve immediately with parmesan cheese.