Baked Sweet Potato with Spiced Beans
A tasty weeknight dinner is just 30 minutes away with this delicious stuffed sweet potato recipe.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 4 sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp tomato paste
- 400 mL passata
- 200 mL vegetable stock
- 1 ½ tbsp chipotle sauce
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 x 400 g cans four bean mix, drained
How do I make it?
- Preheat oven to 200C. Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork, then cook in the microwave on high for 8 minutes, or until they are soft. Rub with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the skins are crisp.
- Meanwhile make the beans. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large saucepan over medium heat. Toss in onion and fry until it begins to soften, then add garlic. Cook garlic for 2 minutes, then add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add passata, stock, and chipotle sauce and stir well. Next, add sugar, paprika, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste and stir. Pour in beans, stir and then bring to the boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered for 15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, cut sweet potatoes open and spoon on beans.
- Serve with grated cheese or sour cream if desired.