Chilli Prawn Linguine
Pasta is always a great go-to mid-week meal because it is quick to make and universally loved. This Chilli Prawn Linguine will only take 30 minutes to prepare and it tastes fantastic. The beauty of this dish is that you can increase the amount of chilli that you use if you like things a bit spicier, or reduce it if you prefer a more mild flavour.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 400 g linguine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- ½ small red chilli, seeds removed
- 6 medium tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 700 g fresh cooked prawns, peeled (leave tails intact) and deveined
- Large handful of rocket and lime wedges to serve
How do I make it?
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook linguine following the packet directions, until it is al dente. Drain, keeping ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cooking liquid and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes and then toss in prawns and linguine. Cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes or until the linguine is well coated and the prawns are heated.
- Serve immediately topped with rocket and lime wedges on the side.