Eerie Eyeballs Halloween Cocktail
Just because you’re over 18 doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the Halloween fun. Get in the “spirit” with our Eerie Eyeball Cocktail that features a raspberry martini decorated with lychee eyeballs. This cocktail is perfect if you’re hosting a Halloween party or you can make a child-friendly version by omitting the alcohol and replacing with lemonade.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 120 mL vodka
- 60 mL cranberry juice
- 30 mL freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 45 mL raspberry syrup
For the Eerie Eyeballs
- 565 g tin of lychees
- 75 g raspberry jam
- 125 g punnet blueberries
- Red food colouring
How do I make it?
- Prepare the Eerie Eyeballs first by draining the lychees through a sieve. Tip lychees onto a plate lined with paper towel and gently pat dry.
- Put jam into a small bowl and stir well to loosen it. Transfer the jam to a piping bag or a sandwich bag with the end snipped off. Pipe jam into each lychee to almost fill the main cavity. Press a small blueberry into the middle of the jam with the dimpled part facing up to be the pupil of the eye.
- Using a fine brush paint a little red food colouring around the lychee to create a bloodshot look then set eyeballs aside while you prepare the cocktail.
- To make the cocktail place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds then strain into a glass and garnish with Eerie Eyeballs.