Blood orange cocktail
Super-simple to make and you’ll love the result
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes 2 ½ cups
What do I need?
Blood orange-mint syrup
- 3 cups freshly squeezed blood orange juice (about 12 large oranges)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
Red gin spritz
- 1 shot gin
- 2 shots Blood Orange-Mint Syrup
- Splash of sparkling wine
How do I make it?
- Make the syrup: In a medium saucepan, bring the blood orange juice to a boil. Simmer the juice until it has reduced to about 1 cup, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the sugar and return the mixture to a boil, stirring gently to dissolve the sugar. When the sugar is fully dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the mint. Cool to room temperature.
- Make the cocktail: In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake the gin with the syrup. Strain into a glass and finish with a healthy splash of sparkling wine. Store leftover syrup in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.