Chocolate Lover’s Hot Chocolate
This hot chocolate is thick, indulgently rich and creamy and is quite simply, a chocolate lover’s dream.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 125 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 600 mL + 2 tbsp full cream milk
- 4 tsp cornflour
- A pinch of salt
- 40 g dark chocolate, grated
How do I make it?
- Pour 600 mL milk into a saucepan and add chocolate, cocoa powder and sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the chocolate has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Mix cornflour with 2 tbsp milk and add to the saucepan, stirring until the hot chocolate is thick and smooth.
- Just before serving add a pinch of salt and stir through.
- To serve, pour hot chocolate into mugs, add a generous handful of marshmallows and top with grated chocolate.