Oysters with Fresh Wasabi Cream
This wasabi cream will add a bit of zing to the oysters so serve it separately and let guests add as much or as little as they like.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes 24 oysters
What do I need?
- 24 oysters
- 2 tbsp grated fresh wasabi (alternatively horseradish)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 80 g crème fraiche
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 50 g Petuna Ocean Trout Caviar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 500g rock salt, for plating
How do I make it?
- Add wasabi, vinegar, crème fraiche and salt to a bowl. Stir to combine and taste for seasoning. Pour into a small serving bowl and garnish with a grind of fresh pepper and grated wasabi optional.
- Place the bowl of wasabi cream on a platter along with a spoon. Cover the base of the platter with rock salt. Arrange oysters on top and scatter with caviar. Serve immediately.