Watermelon Prawn Cocktail
The last thing you want to be doing when it’s hot outside is cooking inside, so this quick and easy version of the classic prawn cocktail is the ideal dish. With a lovely refreshing hit from the watermelon and mint, it will help you keep your cool while the mercury rises. You can make smaller serves as an entrée or go larger for a main course.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Serves 4 as a main or 8 as an entree
What do I need?
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- 750 g watermelon, peeled and cut into a 1-centimetre dice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 500 g cooked prawns, peeled and deveined and roughly chopped
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped, to serve
For the Dressing
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cream
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Few drops of Tabasco sauce, to taste
How do I make it?
- Arrange lettuce leaves in serving bowls and top with watermelon, avocado and prawns.
- Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a jug or small bowl. Drizzle dressing over prawns, garnish with mint and serve.