Italian Summer Salad
Entrees don’t need to be overly fussy or complicated. This simple idea uses just a handful of ingredients to make a starter that is both tasty and aesthetically pleasing.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 2 ripe whole rockmelon
- 24 slices prosciutto
- 200 g cherry bocconcini
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
How do I make it?
- Cut each rockmelon in half. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Use a melon baller to scoop out 6-8 balls of rockmelon from the centre of each half and set them aside in a separate bowl. Work from the centre outwards, ensuring you leave 1 centimetre border of rockmelon flesh around the outside edge.
- Drain bocconcini and add to bowl with rockmelon balls. Add lemon juice, season with salt and gently toss.
- Arrange rockmelon balls and bocconcini in the rockmelon halves. Roll slices of prosciutto and arrange in the rockmelon. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.
- Save time by preparing the different elements of this dish in advance and storing them in the fridge. Then when you’re ready to eat, it will just be a quick assembly job and you’ll have entrée on the table.