Rich and tasty vegan gravy
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
Makes 2 ¾ cups
What do I need?
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 250ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 500ml vegetable stock
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
How do I make it?
- Melt vegan butter in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat until very soft and translucent.
- Combine flour with a little of the coconut milk to make a paste. Whisk the remaining coconut milk into the paste ensuring that there are no lumps.
- Pour coconut milk mix into the saucepan and stir. Cook for 1 minute, before adding soy sauce and vegetable stock. Whisk thoroughly to mix all the liquid ingredients together.
- Turn heat to high and bring to the boil, whisking constantly and then let it boil for a few minutes until gravy begins to thicken.
- Grind in black pepper and salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve.