10 things that you should make … rather than buy
It’s easy with our hectic, modern lifestyles to rely on the convenience of store-bought foods, but there are some things that you’re probably buying that are actually really easy to make. Making these things from scratch will save you money and you can be proud of yourself for making something that tastes amazing.
1. Muffins – we guarantee that your homemade muffins will taste better and fresher than anything you buy from a shop. Try out our Banana and Choc Chip Muffins or for something savoury these Feta, Spinach and Asparagus Muffins
3. Pancakes – don’t buy those shake and pour mixes, make your own light and fluffy pancakes that you can customise with your favourite fruits and toppings like these Mini Blueberry Pancakes or the decadent Chocolate Ombre Pancakes with Banana, Walnuts and Caramel.
4. Hummus – if you can switch on a food processor, you can make hummus, it really is that easy. We love Roasted Vegetables with Hummus and if you want to change things up a bit try this Beetroot Hummus
5. Granola – making your own granola is a no-brainer. You can customise it to include your favourite fruits, nuts and spices for a crunchy and delicious breakfast or a tasty snack. Try our Easy Homemade Granola recipe to get started or these Pear and Yoghurt Breakfast Pots.
9. Soup – Whether your prefer a light soup like our Asian-inspired Chicken Noodle Soup or a hearty winter-warmer like Roasted Pumpkin and Thyme Soup, you’ll never regret being able to make a filling meal in a bowl.
10. Bolognaise Sauce – Arguably the most loved of all pasta sauces, bolognaise is simple to make and full of flavour. This 30-Minute Bolognaise Sauce has all the flavours you love in a quick and easy recipe.