No, your eyes are not deceiving you, this is a recipe for bacon covered with chocolate! Before you turn your nose up, let us explain how these two ingredients actually combine to make a tasty sweet and savoury snack. The smoky, salty flavour of bacon combined with the creamy sweet flavour of chocolate is one of those combinations that will surprise you with how delicious it is. Chocolate Bacon will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 12 wooden skewers
- 12 rashers bacon, cut in half
- 450 g dark chocolate
How do I make it?
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Thread strips of bacon onto skewers and place on a lined baking tray.
- Cook bacon in the oven, turning once, until it is crisp, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bacon from the oven and set on paper towel to absorb fat.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until it is smooth.
- Hold the skewer and dip the bacon into the chocolate or use a spoon to pour the chocolate over both sides.
- Place bacon on a lined baking tray and refrigerate until set.
- To serve, let bacon come to room temperature before eating.