Creamy Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup with Feta
Warming, nourishing, tasty … everything a good soup should be. This is a fabulous way to boost your vegetable intake and the addition of feta will add extra creaminess and flavour. Enjoy it with crusty bread.
How long will it take?
What’s the serving size?
What do I need?
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to season
- Feta to crumble into soup for serving
How do I make it?
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly until soft.
- Add cauliflower, broccoli, stock and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend with a stick blender until smooth. Stir in milk and season with salt and pepper. If the consistency is too thick, add a little more milk or some hot water.
- Heat gently over low heat until thoroughly warmed.
- To serve, crumble feta over the soup when it is in bowls.