Six fabulous finger foods … to see you through the grand final
Like so many other things in 2020, the AFL Grand final is going to be a little different this year. Not only is it being held in Queensland, it’s the first time that the AFL have held a night grand final. If you’re a traditionalist, this news may not thrill you but for us, it opens up a whole world of fantastic food options to enjoy while we watch the game. If you’re hosting friends and family, a pre-game barbecue is the perfect way to cater for them and we have some fantastic meat specials available this week. And of course, you’ll want to have some things to nibble on during the game. Here’s six of our favourite finger-foods for you to try:
1. Fully loaded nachos – great for feeding a crowd, make a big tray and watch them disappear.
2. Cheat’s Fondue – melty cheese and bread … enough said!
3. BBQ Salmon Skewers – make some room on the bbq for these, you’ll be glad you did.
4. Coconut Crumbed Prawns – finger-food goals (pardon the pun)
5. Green Veggie Rolls – we originally wrote this recipe as a school lunch idea but why should the kids have all the fun?
6. Greek Tomato Fritters – fabulously tasty served with minted yoghurt and lemon wedges.